Fees/ payment plans
We are an honest bunch with transparent fees.
Written treatment estimates are always provided so there no nasty surprises. We offer flexible membership plans from comprehensive plans to essential care plans. Our aim is to provide brilliant value for top notch healthcare.
- Ground floor surgery
- Easy parking right outside our door
- Please talk to our receptionists if you have any specific needs
- We can provide any of our written information in large font on request
Dementia Friendly Team
Our team have undergone training and audit in order to achieve the Health Education Thames Valley “Working towards Dementia Friendly Dental Practice Accreditation” status.
We welcome feedback from our patients. If you like to make some suggestions, leave a testimonial or word of thanks, you may email us through our contact page or fill in our 'Big Ideas' book at reception, our comment slips in the waiting rooms or ask reception for our survey or testimonial form.
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, we wish to ensure they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. In the first instance please do speak to a member of our team so we can the opportunity to put things right for you. To read our full complaints policy please click here
As dental professionals our team is regulated by the General Dental Council. In Line with the General Dental Council guidelines we follow nine ethical principles. They are:
Put patients’ interests first
Communicate effectively with patients
Obtain valid consent
Maintain and protect patients’ information
Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interests
Maintain, develop and work within our professional knowledge and skills
Raise concerns if patients are at risk
Make sure our personal behaviour maintains confidence in us and the dental profession
Eynsham Dental Care meets all the CQC requirements for:
- Treating people with respect and involving them in their care
- Providing care, treatment and support that meets people's needs
- Caring for people safely and protecting them from harm
- Quality and suitability of management
Eynsham Dental Care is the trading name for Oxdent Ltd. We are a small family run business. All decision making and management is the under the care of our practice owners, and principal dentists: Cathy McClelland and Robert Hughes.
What Information do we hold and how can you access it?
Our team follow a confidentially policy and data protection protocol to ensure your personal information is handled lawfully and fairly in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. For a full copy of our Data Privacy Notice please see below or ask at reception or see our patient portfolio available in each reception room.
Our Practice Publication Scheme outlines what information we have available to patients and how to access it in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please ask reception or see our practice portfolio, available in our waiting areas, for a copy of the scheme.
Eynsham Dental Care
We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
The practice holds personal data in the following categories:
1. Patient clinical and health data and correspondence.
2. Staff employment data.
3. Contractors’ data.
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
1. Patient data is held for the purpose of providing patients with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective dental care and treatment.
2. Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
3. Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of managing their contracts.
The Law says we must tell you this:
1. We hold patients’ data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively. [Also, we must hold data on NHS care and treatment as it is a Public Task required by law].
2. We hold staff employment data because it is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
3. We hold contractors’ data because it is needed to Fulfil a Contract with us.
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
1. Patient data may be shared with other healthcare professionals who need to be involved in your care (for example if we refer you to a specialist or need laboratory work undertaken). Patient data may also be stored for back-up purposes with our computer software suppliers [who may also store it securely.
3. Your Rights
You have the right to:
1. Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
2. Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
3. Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
4. Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
5. Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
6. Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
1. We will store patient data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling patients for further care. We will archive (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal purposes as recommended by the NHS or other trusted experts recommend.
2. We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
3. We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
You can complain in the first instance to [us] [our Data protection Officer, who is Kieran Ings and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.