28 May 2020
From next week we intend a phased reopening of the practice and will be able to offer patients emergency care.
We will be in contact with all of our patients who have had problems during lockdown.
We will then invite patients with outstanding treatment and outstanding check ups and hygienist appointments.
Thank you to all our patients for your understanding. Until last week we told we had stay closed! We had an email this morning from the department of health this morning suggesting we should prepare, but no time frame. We heard the announcement that dentists are to reopen on the 8th June at the same time as the rest of the population on the Prime ministers broadcast!
We will have further information soon. Please do not attend the surgery unless an appointment is arranged as we will have social distancing measures implemented for your protection. Call us if you have an emergency and we will resume receptionist services soon.
Cathy and Rob.
Between the scenes to support your oral we continue to provide:
1. Emergency Care: If you have a problem, no matter how little, one of our dentists will be available to talk to directly.
2. Dental advice. Our services are not restricted to emergency only. You can speak to one of our dentists about any matter. We have done video consultations for example about missing tooth options, tooth malalignment, tooth whitening, finance options.
3.Liz our hygienist has been providing a free remote hygienist advice, checking in with your progress and giving guidance. If you have a hygienist appointment scheduled she will be in contact or you can give us a ring and schedule a call if you want help.
4. Oral health aids service. In lockdown it may be more difficult to get your usual floss and specialist interdental brushes so we are offering postal and delivery services. Please contact us.
5. Planning for our return to more normal services. We will be of course be prioritising our regular patients. Returning to face to face care, the NHS are facing changes in how they deliver dentistry which are likely to cause longer waiting lists. We want to reassure our patients that many of the measures they are suggesting are part of what we already do (e.g. greater time for between patient disinfection, use of a rubber dam to cut down on aerosol) thus will have less impact on our appointment books. in addition Cathy , Kieran and Rob are already planning amendments to our diaries to help get through the back log of urgent care which will have accumulated during lockdown.
6. Keeping our small business safe. You may have heard stories in the press regarding the risk that a quarter of private dental practices will go under. We would like to reassure our patients that we are very cautious with our business and we are very grateful that we have a loyal and appreciative patient base whose support will enable us to protect our small business and ensure we are still here for you after this difficult period.
7. We understand many of you may have financial worries given the circumstances. As self employed people with no income we fully understand this. Please read our news item below on how our team can help you manage the cost of dental care.
Rob Hughes and Cathy McClelland (Practice Owners)
A Warm Welcome to Eynsham Dental Care- a family run practice
We are all about providing thoroughly modern dental care with good old fashioned customer service in a relaxed and friendly environment.
A long standing and experienced team, we offer a very personal service. We’re approachable and accommodating, so do speak to any of our team members if you have any questions or needs.
News and Information