11 May 2020
Despite some easing of lock down, the Chief dental officer of England has instructed no change on the recurrent restrictions to hands on dentistry. We are very frustrated but are working hard to put measures in place and are part of private practice groups lobbying for our safe return. We hope for better news in the coming weeks and will keep you updated. In the meantime we continue with our services below.
We wanted to let you know however what we are doing between the scenes to support your oral care:
1. Emergency Care: If you have a problem, no matter how little, one of our dentists will be available to talk to directly.
2. Dental advice. Our services are not restricted to emergency only. You can speak to one of our dentists about any matter. We have done video consultations for example about missing tooth options, tooth malalignment, tooth whitening, finance options.
3.Liz our hygienist has been providing a free remote hygienist advice, checking in with your progress and giving guidance. If you have a hygienist appointment scheduled she will be in contact or you can give us a ring and schedule a call if you want help.
4. Oral health aids service. In lockdown it may be more difficult to get your usual floss and specialist interdental brushes so we are offering postal and delivery services. Please contact us.
5. Planning for our return to more normal services. We will be of course be prioritising our regular patients. Returning to face to face care, the NHS are facing changes in how they deliver dentistry which are likely to cause longer waiting lists. We want to reassure our patients that many of the measures they are suggesting are part of what we already do (e.g. greater time for between patient disinfection, use of a rubber dam to cut down on aerosol) thus will have less impact on our appointment books. in addition Cathy , Kieran and Rob are already planning amendments to our diaries to help get through the back log of urgent care which will have accumulated during lockdown.
6. Keeping our small business safe. You may have heard stories in the press regarding the risk that a quarter of private dental practices will go under. We would like to reassure our patients that we are very cautious with our business and we are very grateful that we have a loyal and appreciative patient base whose support will enable us to protect our small business and ensure we are still here for you after this difficult period.
7. We understand many of you may have financial worries given the circumstances. As self employed people with no income we fully understand this. Please read our news item below on how our team can help you manage the cost of dental care.
Rob Hughes and Cathy McClelland (Practice Owners)
A Warm Welcome to Eynsham Dental Care- a family run practice
We are all about providing thoroughly modern dental care with good old fashioned customer service in a relaxed and friendly environment.
A long standing and experienced team, we offer a very personal service. We’re approachable and accommodating, so do speak to any of our team members if you have any questions or needs.